Beiträge von BranchlineNZ

Hello there from New Zealand,

I just wanted to say thanks to the posting and suggestions made on this thread, in particular that regarding shorting out the "self resetting fuse".

I've had a blue 210 loco (model 12110) that around 5 years ago started to run intermittently and two weeks ago after being run for the first time in four years on the large club layout it worked well for about 10 minutes then just stopped but the lights continued to sort of function.

On arriving back home I lifted the hood (removed the body shell) and had a good poke around. The motor still worked when the circuit board was removed and the contacts and light boards were good so it had to be the board. I had a bit of a roam around the internet identifying there were no spare parts available but couldn't find anything useful to help so with an electronics (aviation) background determined it was time to make a new circuit board.

Having one more look yesterday morning this thread popped up and on replacing the "self resetting fuse" with a wire link I was pleased to see the loco now works as it should - so again, thanks for posting the thread in the first place and providing the useful info about replacing that fuse.

(By the by, the four year hiatus was due to moving cities and islands, retiring, working through the pandemic stuff plus a moderate health "thing" and also providing support to two of our sons, their partners and between them, their three delightful granddaughters here in Christchurch).

Take Care and Regards

Brent